Acer Aspire e1-731 wifi problem

Options
Kizasce
Kizasce Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,first off i hope u guys can help with this probblem,and sorry for the long post.

So here goes 3 days ago i reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64 to my fathers laptop,(Note everythign was working fine b4 that) and after i installed,verified,automatic updates i could not connect to the internet or wireless internet.

I installed some drivers from the laptop Cd ***** it follows:

Aetheros Lan AR8151L

Hai Bluettoth_Combo_3rd Wifi 2x2 AGN+Bt$.0 Broadcom 43228+20702

I tried install Realtek Lan drivers it didnt let me,said something not compatible with this os.

Ok so now are the problems i tried to resolve and all.

Run Services and Turn on WLAN AutoConfig-put to Automatic. Done,nothing happend.

Run Config.msc and sfc/ scannow ,let it scan to 100% no errors or nothing.

Start-Search Wireless-Manage Wireless networks(says: Wireless is not Currently enabled)

so i go Add-Manually connect to a wireless network( says: Windows cannot detect any wireless netword interfaces)

So i go Device Manager- The Bluettoth Radios has a ! in a yellow triangle on Generic Bluettoth Adapter

- Other Devices-Network Controller has same ! in yellow Triangle

-i connected my desktops cable from internet router and it connected to the laptop,i press                                           update on those 2 options,and it didnt update or let me update.

I went to ControlPanel-NEtwork and Internet-Network Connections-Change adapter setting thers only 2 options:

-Local Area Connection(Broadcom Virtual Wireless Adapter

-Local area connection 2(Aetheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20))

there is no network for wireless with the wireless icons or anything.

When i go to Set up new connection or network,it gives me only 2 options aswell:

-when i go to connect to the internet,gives me only 1. Broadband or 2. Dialup-

-when i go set up a Network: it says might take 90 second to scan,but it never finds anything,and my router is discoverable

I really do not know what to do anymore,what drivers to download or install,i tried so many,ive been troubeling myself with this for a 3rd day now,i just cant i am not experienced enough for this,so if any of u could help me,or add me to my skype and help me stepbystep to tell me what exactly to do,id be so greatfull.

[edited for privacy]

i hope u guys can help somehow.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

i think you must try to install manually from the device manager, double click on Bluetooth, update drivers, "browse my computer...." and browse to the correct path.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

• Kizasce
    Options

PCI\\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_063211AD&REV_01

PCI\\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&SUBSYS_063211AD

PCI\\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_028000

PCI\\VEN_168C&DEV_0036&CC_0280

This is all that it says Value and this.

• Kizasce
    Options

well seems wlan was installed but now its installing bluettoth suite and its stucked ,says device driver software was not succesfully installed

then benith thers Bluetooth usb module was succesfully installed and benith it like 6 of

Unindentified device then Xdevice unplugged.

• Kizasce
    Options

Ok internet is working,but bluuettorh module is still in device managers !,but i dunno if thats important anymore or not

• IronFly
    Options

it depends on you if it's important or not. Smiley Happy

good to hear that wifi is working now.

• Kizasce
    Options

well u by any chance got solution for that aswell? i tried openning from inside bt drivers for x64,didnt start when i start from setup with normal or run as admin

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

i think you must try to install manually from the device manager, double click on Bluetooth, update drivers, "browse my computer...." and browse to the correct path.