Acer Aspire VN7-791G Acer Care Center

Options
fear_knight
fear_knight Member Posts: 11 New User

Hi

I own an Aspire VN7-791G model laptop and updated it to windows 10 a few months ago. But after some time the pc got slowed down so I did a reset to my pc from the settings and deleted all my apps & drivers.

I was able to install Acer Quick Access and other drivers but couldn't get the Acer Care Center. It is not in the driver download section. I can only find the "check compatibility" program.

http://www.acer.com.tr/ac/tr/TR/content/software-acer-care-center (bought from turkey and tried us sites too)

But something wierd is that even though the Acer Care Center was installed when I bought the laptop,now it gives a "not supported" error when I run the program above.

I used this program a lot before and want it to be installed in my computer again. Can someone send the setup file or the actual setup link of this program?

Thanks for the helps.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,483 Trailblazer
    Options

>>>I did a reset to my pc from the settings >>>

What exact procedure did you use to re-set the PC?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fear_knight
    Options

Hi the process was:

Settings> Update & security > Reset this PC > Get started > Keep my files

(reinstalls the windows 10, removes apps & drivers only keeps personal files)

• JackE
    Options

Your factory-installed Win8.1 system should qualify for regular acer support when upgraded to Win10 according to this link http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/windows10-eligible-models  Did you take advantage of the update guides/steps offered?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fear_knight
    Options

Yes my laptop is qualified as you said according to that link. I have updated my system as using the guide. I had even updated the bios as it said before doing the os update.

As I mentioned I had the Acer Care Center app when the system was updated to windows 10. But now after doing the reset, the compatibility app says "device not supported". 

• JackE
    Options

Check device manager for any hardware or other compatibility issues. Report back.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fear_knight
    Options

I just checked the device manager and no problem with any driver. Scanned for hardware changes and clean again.

• JackE
    Options

What is the mfg date listed on the Acer UPC label?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fear_knight
    Options

The date is: 09/24/14

Acer Aspire VN7-791 series MS2395

• JackE
    Options

The Acer Care Center can be installed on any Acer consumer PC that was manufactured after 2014 and runs Windows 8.1 or any more recent Windows OS. Since your machine was mfd during 2014(not after) but still qualifies for Win10 upgrade  support by Acer, I suggest that you contact regular acer support to find if you can re-install ACC but without also having to recover the factory-installed Win8.1. I know this is a hassle but I think the ACC installation compatibility issue is related to the date of the installed devices on your machine.    

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• fear_knight
    Options

Thank you very much for your reply. Been dealing with this for days.

I will contact with my local support and see what they will say about this situation.

It seems my laptop should support the new ACC program. I believe either the ACC program does not recognize my system or my system is missing the info that ACC needs.

Will leave the feedback here I'll get from the local support.

• JackE
    Options

Yes, please let us know IF you make contact with local Acer support staff! AND how they propose re-installing the ACC app that's compatible with your 09/24/2014 vintage machine. Good luck!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fear_knight
    Options

Ok the computer is back. Here is what happened:

I talked with local Acer Support and they said that they need to factory reset the laptop to install Acer Care Center app because recovery was deleted by windows 10. After waiting for about 2 weeks the laptop is back with factory Windows 8.1 and all the other apps. This is what I have learned from within the situation: 

1) Always make a recovery backup disk whenever you get a new laptop! (general advice)

2) For Acer Support, that acer care center checker app is just *****. I am sorry to admit that but Acer support told me that even that program gives a positive feedback it wont install anything. There is no Acer Care Center installer, only checker. Anyways, then they said I have to call Microsoft to report the problem to them. Its their program and I am the only one who calls Microsoft to tell there is a problem in the program? This is called "letting someone else do your work". They need to care more about the software's and fix the problems.

Right now I am back with windows 8.1 and all the acer apps.

Despite that Acer Care Center conversation in Acer Support, they were helpful. My final suggestion is, think again before installing something that says 'free' from microsoft Smiley Happy

Thank you for your help and care JackE!

• JackE
    Options

>>>Always make a recovery backup disk >>>My final suggestion is, think again before installing something that says 'free' from microsoft>>>

Great advice! Did you make that 8.1 recovery media yet? 8^) And then are you gonna think again about installing Win10 just to see for yourself if it's as good as Win7? 8^).

Thanks very much with your feedback!!!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ