Acer Aspire V5-573G Kernel-Power Windows 8.1 x64 Warning Message ...

Options
MasterR
MasterR Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

Please help, and sorry for my english!

Every time when i boot my laptop on AC power or Battery, Windows 8.1 x64 gives me the following warning:

The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 2 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

There are 4 Messages for 4 CPU's

Information which i can give you is that the cpu temp is around 40-47 C while boots. I do not know is it normal or not ...

My BIOS version is 2.28 and all drivers are correctly downloaded from here and installed.

There is another issue but I don't know is there any relation between this Warning messages ... when i pres RMB on desktop ... the system is "thinking" about 1-2 second ...

PS: I found similar problems in internet where people were explaining to change power scheme to Performance, but this doesn't help in my case ...

Please advice me what to do?

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

This is the Problem with Processor Idle time, the same is a settings normally under BIOS > Power Options, & in this computer has INSYDEH2O, wich does not have such option,.
    1. Try to reflash the BIOS Update again, that should help if not you may need to send the computer to Acer warranty service
  • MasterR
    MasterR Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Hello,

thank you for your fast reply!

so ...

I've tried to update BIOS to ... 2.28 but i've read that this version of BIOS cause this error somewhere ... i do not know where exactly ... I've also read that the old version 2.25 of BIOS wasn't giving this error in windows 8.1

I understand the situation with warranty but I want to know what I must explain in service? Is this a hardware problem of laptop or it's software problem ?

Thanks again