Acer Aspire V5-571P keeps shutting down at night

Options
wowens
wowens Member Posts: 10 New User

I have reinstalled epower management.  I have all the settings on sleep or hibernate.  I can not understand why it keeps shutting down.  I am loosing all my tabs I leave open to work on later and sometimes they are not keeping in recent history.  Not to mention, I have to wait on it to boot up when I think I can open the lid and go to work.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

hace you checked on windows power options?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • wowens
    Options
    I set them there in task manager. Is there somewhere else?
  • IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

in control panel, power options

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • wowens
    Options
    Control panel, not task manager. That's what I meAnt.
  • wowens
    Options

So, my computer is STILL shutting down!!  I did find in control panel options: balanced, high performance and power saver.  Within those options you select your times but you can then go into advanced settings which I did.  Under hard disk I have it set to only turn off after 2880 minutes which is two days.  I had it plugged in last night, used the function button to put it to sleep, closed lid and this morning I had to turn it on from full boot up.

Why is this happening!!  One thing different is that it said Chrome did not shut down properly and did restore my tabs.  My desktop icons were askew as well which leads me to believe something different happened shutting it down but this needs to stop.