Acer Aspire V5-531 Dolby Advanced Audio not working after Windows 8.1?

RxR
RxR Member Posts: 1 New User

I have recently upgraded to windows 8.1 on my Acer Aspire and unfortunately since then, Dolby Advanced Audio V2 refuses to work. I have uninstalled my audio drivers, and re-installed with the latest versions, I have uninstalled DAAV2 and re-installed, and it still does not work. I'm not really sure where to go from here. It launches properly and you can turn it on and off, but ultimately, it does not show any difference between having it on anymore or off. As well as the fact that the little panel you open where it shows the bars while you play music, doesn't move at all. Sorry if this is vague but I've been dealing with this problem for a few days and I use my Acer Aspire mainly for music and youtube videos and the like, so this is rather important to me.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    You need to install the audio driver package. It will restore the Dolby Advanced Audio.
    here's the weblink, you may  click on the weblink select save to download the file, then open the downloaded folder and install it, the package is approx 392.8 MB.  Audio driver package

Click the Kudos  to say “Thanks” for helping!