Acer Aspire V5-121 - unable to turn Fn key off.

JAGwriter
JAGwriter Member Posts: 2 New User

Acer Aspire V5-121 - W7

Unable to turn Fn key off - Fn key works in reverse, keyboard is normal when Fn key is pressed.

An external keyboard functions normally.

Doesn't correlate to any hardware or software changes.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Try holding down the function key and hitting the numlock or scroll lock key, this is usually how you engage or disengage the laptops function keys on the keyboard. Most laptops have a light that will turn on and off when you do this, indicating that the funtion keys are in use.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Try holding down the function key and hitting the numlock or scroll lock key, this is usually how you engage or disengage the laptops function keys on the keyboard. Most laptops have a light that will turn on and off when you do this, indicating that the funtion keys are in use.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• JAGwriter
    JAGwriter Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks Sharanji,

You're very kind and helpful to point out something so obvious... I should've figured it out immediately - obviously the only way to toggle the numbers on or off is to press "Fn, NumLK". Somehow I missed that... some folks need to be watched, I need to be looked after!

Thanks for your help,

James