Acer Aspire V3-772G problem with NVIDIA 760M Control Panel.

Ashley66
Ashley66 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey, that's my first post here and I hope that I am asking in the right place.

So, I am currently running Windows 10 64-bit and I use NVIDIA 760M video card. I had the latest update installed (the one for the Windows 10 - 352.84) and everything was working fine. Yesterday, I tried to access the nvidia control panel and an error appeared, saying that "NVIDIA Display setting are not available you are not currently using attached to an NVIDIA GPU". I did a quick research and decided to uninstall the driver and to install it again. Unfortunately, I got an error (don't remember it), but it was about that I cannot install the newest driver, so I went with the one that came with my laptop (Acer V3-772G - v332.35 nvidia driver), which I succeeded to install.

Then, when I tried to update the driver, again, an error appeared. I did a quick research again and I ran DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) under Safe Mode and completely removed all drivers including GeForce Experience. However, everytime I tried to install any driver (the newest one or the one that previously worked or even GeForce Experience), I was stuck at a screen saying "checking system compatibility".

Somehow later, I managed to install the latest driver for Windows 10 under Safe Mode and to install GeForce Experience after that, but now I am again stuck at the very first problem - "NVIDIA Display setting are not available you are not currently using attached to an NVIDIA GPU" everytime I try to open the control panel. I also made sure to remove any cache and restart everytime I uninstalled the drivers.

A clean Windows preinstall is not an option right now. Also, if it matters, my video adapter is Intel HD Graphics 4600.

Can anyone help me to resolve this problem?

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi Ashley,

I don't have much help to provide, but I think it does sound like it's an issue with the OS and not the hardware as you were able to install the original once. Hopefully this bump puts more eyes on it, but the majority of people are not on Windows 10 yet to help at this level. It might come down to doing a reinstall when you do find the time.

Sorry I can't be more help,

Cory

• Kamran
    Kamran Member Posts: 1 New User