Acer Aspire V3-772G-9460 Ram Inquiry

Options
cronogold
cronogold Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2015 Archives

I've had an Acer Aspire V3-772G-9460 for almost a year, and have enjoyed every bit of it. Third HD slot? Beautiful! I've been interested in upgrading the RAM, but the only info I can find is Newegg stating it allows up to 32GB max. My question is as follows:

Will G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB (4 x 8G) 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM DDR3L 1600 Laptop Memory Model F3-1600C9Q-32GRSL be compatible with my laptop?

Currently taking college courses while deployed, and figured the speed boost (while overkill, but no such thing as a gamer) might be able to help quite a bit. Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options

I suggest you go to crucial.com and use their tools to determine if the Ripjaw kit has a similar compatible memory description.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    luciantocu Member Posts: 14 New User
    Options

hi, can u help me PLEASE?!?!??! i love ACER, i have 3 laptops....but i have a problem.....i try to make ram upgrade.....dosnt matter how i put all 4 , see everything, but use only what i put in one channel....original was 2x4 gb, i put 2x4 more ram (togheter 4x4gb) see all of them, but use only 7,88.......i try with another 2 x2 gb ram....the same...see everything...but use only 7,88 (this is 2x4gb was by original instaled in one channel) i try all windows x64 bits, now i have win 10 prox64 bits....bios is 1,15v , i dont know what can i do more ...makes me crazy.....and i see in internet a lot of people have the same problem....greetings....

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,104 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Try one stick only in all slots, check the task manager and make a note of it, repeat for other 3 modules and compare the results, this will eliminate whether it's faulty memory stick or the slot, when insert the sticks, make sure they are properly inserted.

https://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/57316-16-gb-ram-installed-but-only-8-gb-usable.html

• luciantocu
    Options

dont goes....anyway i put the ram in channels...same think show me....i try with 2 x2gb ddr...same...from 12 gb 7,89 usable...i think is from bios...but i have 1,15 version...how can i acces the advanced options? slots from ram is ok,i try with msconfig/maxim memory...etc....nothing...i think in bios is something.....

• JackE
    Options

>>>see everything...but use only 7,88 >>>

What total memory does the BIOS menu show? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    Options

if i install 16 gb, bios see 16, if i instal 12 see all 12......and the windows i try already wind 7 prox64, wind 8 pro x 64, now is win10 pro x 64....

• luciantocu
    Options

i know a lot of people with V3-772G have  this problem.....must be something to do about this......

• luciantocu
    Options

can be because of the processor????   I5 4200M 

• luciantocu
    Options

nee...I5 4200m goes up to 32 gb ddram...so....is something else....i think is bios......   http://ark.intel.com/products/76348/Intel-Core-i5-4200M-Processor-3M-Cache-up-to-3_10-GHz

• JackE
    Options

What does MSINFO32.EXE detect as installed physical memory vs available? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    Options

show installed 16 gb ram.

• JackE
    Options

Yes, but it should also show how much of the total installed memory of 16GB is available. How much is available? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    Options

hi, look here please. Screenshot (1).png

• JackE
    Options

Your screenshot shows the results for TaskMgr, NOT MSINFO32.EXE.

Please run c:\windows\system32\MSINFO32.EXE and report its results for available or usable memory.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    Options
  • JackE
    Options

OK. Now go back to Task Mgr. Click on Performance dropdown. Then click resource monitor. Then click on Memory dropdown. What do you see for memory in use, available, reserved, etc. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• luciantocu
    Options
  • luciantocu
    Options

wrote hardware reserved 8390 bits......for what...i dont know, is acer v3 772g, video card have dedicated memory....

• JackE
    Options

I suggest that you try 2 things. (1) Go to crucial.com and download their system scanner to see what *compatible* memory upgrades are recommended for your particular V3-772G-0781 system with the I5 processor, NOT I7. I suggest this because your particular system is not in the general listing and spec'd differently than the I7 models. (2) Go to Device Mgr and temporarily disable a graphics adapter to see how it affects the resource monitor reserved memory. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ