Acer Aspire V3-771G-6814 numeric keypad issue

Options
winston
winston Member Posts: 8 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi,

My Aspire V3-771G laptop keypad is having issue - the numeric-0-key stops working. SInce my power-on password contains a 0 (zero), I wasn't able to signn on unless I invoke the on-screen keyboard. Any suggestion as to what I can do to recover or replace the keypad?

Winston

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Device manager, expand Keyboards, highlight and right click Standard PS/2 keyboard, Properties and go to Driver tab, uninstall the driver and reboot, let windows install the driver.

• winston
    winston Member Posts: 8 New User
    Options

Thank you so very much for your quick response. I did not see Standard PS/2 keyboard device drive on my Acer device manager. What I saw was two, seemingly the same, HID Keyboard Device drivers, and the property of both show that "This device is working properly." I uninstalled them both regardless and let Windows 10 reinstall them. Unfortunately, the same problem continues to exist (the keys for 0, -, and [ are not working). Any more thoughts on how I can get it repaired?

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,106 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

Go to Control Panel, Ease of access, Ease of Access Centre, click "Change How your keyboard works", untick the box "Turn on Mouse keys".

Capture1.JPGCapture.JPG