Acer Aspire V3-571G-6407 screen jumping

Options
sarafloat
sarafloat Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Screen on 18 month old Aspire V3-571G-6407 is intermittently jumping. Just kind of moves up and down a few centimeters at a fast rate. Does this about 30% of the time. Any known solutions?

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

So....sorry to say but it's an hardware issue, i suspect a bad cable.

You must contact the Acer support service for a fix or if you are out warranty, check for a local computer repair shop.

remember to tell that it jumps also on BIOS, it's not a windows or drivers issue.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Reinstall your Graphics driver, A Bios upgrade might help, Right click on your desktop, choose Screen Resolution/Advanced settings/Monitor tab and try some different refresh rates.If you're under florescent lighting, you  should turn them off and see if they are causeing it.

• sarafloat
    Options

It got better for a few days, so I did nothing. Then it started jumping up and staying up a full inch for about 3 seconds, then down for 2 seconds. It does this 100% of the time consistently from the moment it is turned on whether on desktop or browser, etc. So...I tried your Graphic Driver fix. So far I uninstalled the NVIDIA driver and reinstalled the version on the acer website for my model and operating system (windows 8.1, 64 bit). No change. There is also an Intel Graphics Driver in my programs but I have left that alone. Please advise.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try updating the Intel driver too.

• sarafloat
    Options

Just did. No change. What should I do next? 

• IronFly
    Options

if you move the screen when it's jumping, does this block the "jump"?

• sarafloat
    Options

Unfortunately not. Nothing seems to stop it now. I can barely stand to look at it while trying to fix it. 

• IronFly
    Options

can you try to boot to BIOS pressing F2 at boot and check if this happens on BIOS too?

• sarafloat
    Options

I'm up for anything, but I would need step-by-step instructions. i don't even know what BIOS is!

• IronFly
    Options

Ok, no problem.

shut down your laptop, once powered off, power on and press F2, it will appear a screen called BIOS.

once in BIOS, check if image jump again then exit BIOS, selecting to discard any change, you can move on BIOS pressing the arrow keys or read in the bottom of the screen about keys to press to switch from tab to tab.

• sarafloat
    Options

Still jumping in BIOS. clicked "discard changes", then it aked "load previous configurations" and i clicked yes. still no change.

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

So....sorry to say but it's an hardware issue, i suspect a bad cable.

You must contact the Acer support service for a fix or if you are out warranty, check for a local computer repair shop.

remember to tell that it jumps also on BIOS, it's not a windows or drivers issue.

• sarafloat
    Options

bummer. but thanks for your help.