Acer Aspire V3-551G, strange screen dimness in right side of the LCD

TheWolf91
TheWolf91 Member Posts: 4 New User

Greetings,

I would like to ask the community a question about my LCD screen problem. When I turn on my notebook LCD monitor it's working normally, but then after 1 or 2 seconds it's dimmed, but only on the right side. Before I could get rid of the dimmed spot by turning off / on monitor by pressing Fn+F6, but it's not working anymore. In the beginning dimmed spot was smaller, but now it's getting bigger. I have Linux Mint and Windows 8.1 in dual boot and the problem appear in both operating systems, so it's not software related. I don't think my LCD screen is broken, because it's working normally in beginning and then it gets dimmed. Maybe it's the problem with inverter or some cable? Do you have any suggestions? Any input would be much appreciated.

My notebook model is Acer Aspire V3-551G NX.M0FEX.008

LCD dimness before (Windows 8.1)

LCD_dimness_before.jpg

LCD dimness now (Linux Mint 17.1)

LCD_dimness_now.jpg

Thank you!

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer

Hello,

Have you tried with an external monitor or a LCD TV in using the VGA or HDMI port?

France
  • TheWolf91

Thank you for your reply. I've tried with both external monitor (VGA) and TV (HDMI) and it's working fine, but when I extend picture or switch back to notebook monitor the dimmed spot returns after few seconds. I would like to fix this dimmed spot, because it's really annoying when I'm somewhere outside the house and I need to use my notebook.

• Coqui13
    Coqui13 ACE Posts: 2,215 Pathfinder

Hi TheWolf91,

The LCD needs to be change sir. this is something mechanic. 

Of course you can try first the Flex Cable or Inverter if this model brings one because will be cheaper but honestly I think is the LCD.

☑ No trabajo para Acer, soy voluntario.
    ☑ Para cerrar el tema, marque " aceptar como solución" la respuesta correcta que le fue de utilidad.
    ☑ Lo siento pero no se responde a preguntas de manera privada, debe abrir un nuevo tema en el lugar indicado del foro para que pueda recibir ayuda.

★★ ACE Pathfinder 2015-2019 ★★

• TheWolf91

Hi Coqui13,

Thank you for your reply. I was afraid replacing LCD is the only solution. I couldn't find similar case in this site, so I posted this to see if anybody had same problems with their notebook LCD monitors. I'll leave it like this for now, because I have external monitor. Notebook is working good, only that dimmed spot is a bit annoying.

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer

Hello TheWolf91,

Same diagnostic as Coqui13. The inverter is fixed behind the LCD panel (included).

Here are the original LCD panels cpl for the Aspire V3-551G:

LK.15605.027LCD PANEL.LED.15.6.WXGA.GL.eDP (AUO)
    LK.15608.018LCD PANEL.LED.15.6".WXGA.LG.EDP (LG)
    LK.1560D.022LCD PANEL.LED.15.6".WXGA.GL.eDP (CMI)
    France
  • TheWolf91

Hi laurent_14,

Thanks a lot for the info. Maybe I'll buy one of those LCD panels then.