Acer Aspire V11 Touch screen cracked

Options
Wellsini
Wellsini Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello there! I bought my daughter the Acer Aspire V11 touch for a Christmas present (Dec 2014) and we've had no issues with it. We were using it last night to edit some photos that she has taken and it was fine. Closed it down, left it on the desk and went to bed. I've opened it this morning and it now has a crack rifght through the middle of the screen and it's pretty much impossible to use as the mouse icon is going haywire. I know its not been dropped or trodden on so I'm a bit puzzled as to what has happened. Is this sort of thing covered by the warranty? if not can I buy a replacement screen and try and fix it? To be honest I'm not too fussed about the touchscreen as we tend to use a mouse as my big fingers struggle with the touchscreen!

Many thabks

Simon

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

1- Could you give me the first ten characters of the computer serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

2- Could you post a picture of the screen on.

France
  • Zak
    Zak Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

How Strange!! I have exactly the same issue. Some months ago, I picked up my laptop and on opening, found multiple cracks emanating from about 1/3 up from screen edge left side, spreading out over the screen. Although still usable, the touch screen is at best intermittent.

Now I know the laptop wasn't dropped or knocked into anything as it was on a shelf in the cupboard so I was baffled by it's sudden occurence.

Now getting sick of this, having previously looked into fitting a replacement screen, I couldnt find a vendor who knew exactly the right csreen or replacement part/procedure.

Tonight, with a little spare time, I typed in the search bar on google this message title and lo and behold the same issue from another "satisfied" Aspire user.

Anyone know if there's a quality/manufacturing issue going on here?

It's not like the laptop gets misued or abused - I still wrap it after every session in the felt bag in which it came out of the box and hasn't any marks or other damage - in fact with the lid closed it still looks brand new.

Thanks in anticipation.

Zak

• jhojo4506
    jhojo4506 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

I am having trouble regarding my Aspire V11 Touch Unit. The screen was cracked, and i don't know how it happened. I just want to ask if there is a possibility for the screen to be replaced? Also, can anyone give me an approximate estimate on how much do i need to spend if screen replacement is possible? Lastly, where can i avail of the said service?

Thank you very much in anticipation...

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,051 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello jhojo4506,

You'll find here the list of the service centers. You can request a quote for the screen replacement.

France
  • jhojo4506
    jhojo4506 Member Posts: 6 New User
    Options

Thank you so much laurent_14 Smiley Happy