Acer Aspire Switch 11 can't use mouse while holding down W A S or D keys

MrKitty871
MrKitty871 Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently recieved an Acer Aspire Switch 11 for christmas and i immediately loaded it with low requirement games (the 2 in 1 is not very powerful obviously), for example. I downloaded Terraria and it runs like a dream on this cute little tablet/laptop. the only issue is that when i press down the keys A or D to go left or right, i cant control the mouse with the touchpad, it simply wont move, i can see it and everything it just refuses to move and the only way to fix it is to either release the keys or top move the pointer repeatedly until it decides to move. I would appreciate any help on this matter. thank you,

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

You are experiencing this because by default there is a delay setup in the settings of your Precision touchpad. This helps to prevent the cursor from accidentally moving while you type. You can turn this off or change the delay.

Use the following steps to disable the delay,

1. Open the Charms menu, then select Settings.
    2. Click on Change PC settings.
    3. Under PC settings, tap or click PC and devices.
    4. Tap or click Mouse and touchpad.
    5. On the right, scroll to the bottom and find the drop-down box. Tap or click on the box and select the option you want. In your case, select No delay (always on).

Another option would be to use an external mouse when playing games.