Acer Aspire One ZG8 - display problem

ComputerLand
ComputerLand Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi to all,

I have Acer Aspire One ZG8 and after few years correct working I start to expirience problem with display. Some flickering or completly black screen until changing angle of display and after few minutes again ...

I find that problem must be flat cable so I decide to repair it by myself. I buy cable, replace it and ... it works! But ... First of all, there is no picture at all until Windows came up (no BIOS message, no Windows splash  screen ...). Then, picture is streched so I don't see Start button, task bar and all low part of Desktop. In Display properties, display is reported as "1200x768 screen", but as far as I remember, it was 1024x600!? I try all resolution and on most of them picture is blury almost useless but Start Button never come up. So, how I know where are my desktop icons and Start button? Easy. For all the time external monitor (17" LG 4:3) works well!!! There is BIOS message, I can enter setup, I saw Windows comming up .. Everything. 

I try to update BIOS (without results exept that I have to reinstal Windows!), I reinstal Windows (and there is no any picture until installing display drivers!), I try to changing resolution ... without result ... Smiley Sad

So, is it problem with flat cable, VGA card, Screen, drivers ...? And, more, what is solution?

Any idea or similar expirience?

Regards

Sasha

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

This is an odd issue that you are describing. My initial suspicion is it is a problem with the ribbon cable, but without seeing the system, I can't rule out a different hardware issue. I am not sure what would cause you to not get video prior to Windows loading. Maybe another user has experienced something similar and can provide other suggestions to try.