Acer Aspire One Will not run Office Starter after uninstalling windows 10

rvlahos
rvlahos Member Posts: 2 New User

I made a huge mistake and clicked on the Get Windows 10 link.  After installing Windows 10 I realized that the Office Starter Edition on my Acer Aspire One is not compatible.  I reverted back to Windows 7 but now Office Starter will not run.  I try to repair it but keep getting a message that says I don't have an internet connection.  I DO!!

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,018 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I advise you to reset your PC with [Alt]+[F10] and perform the updates. By using "Go back to Windows 7", you loose many applications and have some issues.

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓

Hello,

I advise you to reset your PC with [Alt]+[F10] and perform the updates. By using "Go back to Windows 7", you loose many applications and have some issues.

France
  • rvlahos
    rvlahos Member Posts: 2 New User

I did that, I reverted back to Windows 7 but now Office Starter will not run.  I went to the Control Panel, programs and clicked on Change.  It says it can't fix it because I don't have internet access.  but I do!! I can access the web all I want.

• laurent_14

May be Microsoft .NET Framework is the issue.

France
  • laurent_14

Hello,

May be useful:

I use MS Office professional and LibreOffice 5.0 (free) and both softwares are very similar.

Word = Writer

Excel = Calc

LibreOffice can open and save Word and Excel files.

https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-still/

France