Acer Aspire One D257 - Won't connect to WIFI - Please Helllppppp

fayebart
fayebart Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi Guys,

This is the first time i have ever posted on a forum to ask for help with my laptop (usually search the net until I find the solution) I've been trying everything however and just can't fix the problem myself so would really appriciate some help!

My laptop just wont connect to the Wifi ! ...I installed a new hard drive a few months ago due to my origional being on the blink...I managed to install all the drivers etc and everything is working fine, except that is the Wifi, it has worked since however since moving house I have really struggled with it (it would connect on very rare occasions, for brief periods - although more recently will not connect whatsoever).

I'm not the most technical and was wondering if its an incorrect driver thats causing this problem? That would just be a guess though. (It says that there is no drive for the Ethernet Controller however i was under the impression that this wouldnt hinder the wireless connection?)

Im really at the point of pulling my hair out over this laptop as this has been something that i have been trying to solve for weeks now!

I would greatly appriciate any help that anyone may be able to offer me!!

Please let me know if you require any further info form me

Really hope somoene can help me out here! Thanks in advance Robot Happy

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you find and try this one 

1) Right-click on the wireless network icon next to time/date
    2) Select 'Open Network and Sharing Centre'
    3) Click 'Change Adapter Settings' on the left
    4) Right-click 'Wireless Network Connection' and go to properties
    5) Uncheck all the boxes except for 'Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
    6) Click ok

HERE:http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-496591-can-t-get-aspire-one-d255-to-connect-to-wifi

• fayebart
    fayebart Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you so much for the reply, 

Unfortunatly I did come across that solution already and it didnt work for me Smiley Sad

• kenneth10
    kenneth10 Member Posts: 3 New User

Ken here. New member. You need to get your hands on the Qualcomm/Atheros a9565 driver that you can source from driver guide. Put on a usb stick from another computer and install. Running a linux live boot sucessfully put me on to the right hardware. cheers and good luck.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, serial numbers, etc.]