Acer Aspire One D255 - Loudspeaker Volume

Options
colinstone
colinstone Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
The max volume from software is very quiet. I am using Microsoft Autoroute for navigation and the turn by turn is so quiet that I have to plug in an external speaker.
In the Text to Talk settings the default voice - Anna - is loud enough reading the sample text, but from the software is v quiet. Windows sounds are also quiet.
System is Win 7 Starter and I have installed the latest Realtek audio drivers from the Acer website.
Any ideas out there?

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

See if this will work for you.

If you find an option called “Limited Output” in enhancements checked, try that first.

Have song playing so you can here the difference.
    - Right click on the speaker icon in the task bar and select Playback Devices (or find it in the Windows Control Panel) The Sound dialog box opens up.
    - From the Playback tab select the Playback device being used, in my case Speakers Realtek High Definition Audio (marked with a green checkbox) and click the Properties button. A new dialog box – Speaker Properties – opens up.
    - On the Enhancements tab make sure Disable All Sound Effects and Immediate Mode are both unchecked. Check Loudness Equalization (on my setup all other unchecked) and hit Apply.