Acer Aspire One 756-2476 Beeps; Won't Turn On after Replacing Screen

Options
ratsratsrats
ratsratsrats Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I had to order a replacement screen to replace the original one which cracked after being stepped on by my boyfriend. The computer still worked then though if plugged in through an external monitor (like VGA or HDMI), but since I replaced the screen, even that won't work.

I might have severely messed up by being impatient and forgetting to take the battery out before replacing screens. After I replaced them, realized my mistake, and took the battery out and put it back in again, it still wouldn't get past the problem:

When I turn it on, charging or not, the power light and sleep mode light blink very slowly (blue), and the laptop beeps every ten seconds or so. The screen won't turn on at all either, even if plugged into an external source. I've tried it with and without the battery in and it hasn't turned on either.

After further research of the problem, the most promising thing seemed to be reinstalling the BIOS (google "Acer Dead Screen Problem"), and I downloaded it off Acer's website and tried running it via flash drive as all the tutorials wanted me to. Nothing happened. The only difference from the tutorial is there's supposed to be an executable file with the BIOS download, but it wasn't in the folder. I think this might be the problem and I just need to download this executable file separately and drop it into the folder on the flash drive, but I'd rather not screw up my netbook even worse.

Help please, I'd rather not have to pour even more money into this fix!

Answers