Acer Aspire One 725-0845 will not charge. Power charging light does not blink.

Options
AzRunner7
AzRunner7 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Our Acer Aspire One 725-0845 will not charge. It is plugged in with the power cord, but the charging light does not blink and the amount of power left in the battery is dropping. I'm thinking it is:

1. a faulty power cord (Model R33030) or

2. a faulty battery

but do not know how to determine for sure, or if there may be a different issue.

I have tried plugging into different wall sockets and playing around with the plug attachment to the computer, to no avail. Thanks.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Take the power supply and battery to a  local computer shop and and ask them to test or get a volt/multimeter. With power supply plugged in, touch black probe to the metal outside of the plug (that plugs into the computer) and the red probe to the pin in the center od the plug with the meter set to dc voltage.

• AzRunner7
    AzRunner7 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Based on a review of comments on this discssion site I decided my first course of action would be to buy a new power cord and adapter. My wife uses this computer on the couch an sometimes the power cord would get taut as it worked its way under her. So, I had some suspicion that the connection of the power cord to the Acer was not solid.

I bought the new power cord and adapter online from a site that ships from China. It was about $17.50 including shipping. The site indicated that the product wold arrive in early December, but it came via USPS on 11/15/14. I plugged it into the computer and wall socket and bingo, the charging light on the Acer began to blink. Problem solved.

Thanks for the help from this site.