Acer Aspire Laptop model E5-571-51ZL running Windows 8.1 - Opening lid to restore from hibernation?

Hotentot
Hotentot Member Posts: 2 New User

I have changed the Windows power settings so that when I close the lid it goes into hibernate mode. However, when I open the lid it does not start the laptop and restore from hibernation. I have to open the lid and press the power-on button and then it restores from hibernation.

I have a much cheaper Toshiba Laptop that just automatically starts and restores from hibernation when I open the lid. As far as I recall there were no special settings that I changed in order for the Toshiba to work like that, just the setting in the Windows power option that permits hibernation when closing the lid. The Toshiba run Windows 8.0.

Does this model Acer have this feature?

If so, how do I set it up to work?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Type power in search and choose "Change what power buttons do". Is "Turn on fast startup" checked? If not check it.

Require a password? Do you need it to? Maybe set what the power button does to something besides Hibernate.

I don't use Hibernate so, I'm guessing.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Type power in search and choose "Change what power buttons do". Is "Turn on fast startup" checked? If not check it.

Require a password? Do you need it to? Maybe set what the power button does to something besides Hibernate.

I don't use Hibernate so, I'm guessing.

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

As per the details mentioned in the user manual of your model, you need to press the power button to bring the computer out of Hibernation mode. For more details, you can refer to the user manual provided with your computer or contact Acer support for more details:
    http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Hope this will help you.

• Hotentot
    Hotentot Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for that information. I must have overlooked that detail during my quick look at the manual. After the convenience of having that feature available on the Toshiba it is a bit annoying to find it not there on a newer Laptop that cost me about $300 more and is about 1 year newer than the Toshiba.

I find it strange that Acer would not have this feature.

Thanks.