Acer Aspire E3-112-C658 enabling wake-up from sleep

Options
ShadX
ShadX Member Posts: 2 New User

I have recently purchased an Acer laptop, Acer Aspire E3-112-C658. . I have tried the typical solutions , but without any success. For me as well waking the system from sleep mode via usb input is critical. Please let me know if you have identified any solutions for this. 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Are you using a external monitor and trying to wake from sleep with the lid closed? If you are, it won't work.

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Options

Note: It is presumed that you are using Windows 8.1

To allow your Windows to wake up from Sleep Mode via USB input, you can refer to the steps below:
    1. Open Control Panel and navigate to "Keyboard" (if you wish to allow keyboard to wake up Windows) or "Mouse" (if you wish to allow mouse to wake up Windows).
    Note: If you don't know where the Control Panel is, you can refer to the following link:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/where-is-control-panel
    2. On the window that comes up, click "Hardware" tab and go to "Properties".
    3. Click "Change Settings" button and go to "Power Management" tab.
    4. Tick the box besides "Allow this device to wake the computer" and then, click "Ok".

Check if the issue is resolved.

• ShadX
    ShadX Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your advice. I have tried this solution, as well as other similar ones, such as disabling the "USB selective suspend" in the power management settings. None of this work. When the lid is closed, an external keyboard cannot wake up the laptop. It seems this is a typical ACER issue. Acer tehnicians answered in other threads that this is a design feature, one that overrrides the Windows settings.  There is no solution.