Acer Aspire E15 hangs up during windows updates

llroberts43
llroberts43 Member Posts: 2 New User

This is a brand new computer and every time it tries to install windows updates, it hangs.  It just says "installing update 1 of 4, keep your pc on.  It's been hours.  This is the 3rd time this has happened.  In order to use my computer again I just have to turn it off and turn it back on.  When I do that sometimes it will say "working on updates, get to 30% and restarts.  Other times it says nothing at all and starts up normally.  I thought maybe it was my security software that was preventing windows from updating so I disabled it but that does not appear to be the problem.  I'm so frustrated I'm about ready to box it up and send it back.  I don't even have it paid for yet and already having issues.

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

when you wrote "security software" did you mean antivirus?

if not, please disable any antivirus and try again to update, if it still hangs, i would re-install the OS using ALT+F10 at boot and following on screen instructions.

if it still hangs, even after an OS re-install, call your seller or the Acer support service for a in warranty check.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Answer ✓

when you wrote "security software" did you mean antivirus?

if not, please disable any antivirus and try again to update, if it still hangs, i would re-install the OS using ALT+F10 at boot and following on screen instructions.

if it still hangs, even after an OS re-install, call your seller or the Acer support service for a in warranty check.

• mir_faisal
    mir_faisal Member Posts: 2 New User

Its sad that you are facing issues with your brand new machine.

Go to www.acer.co.in and then click support.

Download the latest bios update for your machine. Install the update and next time you won't find any issues regarding the windows updates in your machine. You should have also mentioned the operating system that you are using. 

Thanks

• llroberts43
    llroberts43 Member Posts: 2 New User

Yes I suppose I should have but when you're frustrated you tend to forget all the information you need to include.  I am running Win 8.1.  I disabled my anti-virus software and tried to update again and that fixed the problem.  Everything is updated now.

Thank you for the assistance, I appreciate it.

• IronFly
    You welcome. Smiley Happy