Acer Aspire E1-572P black screen after restart. Flashing blue HDD LED - DOS BIOS required!

Options
mamejay
mamejay Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everyone,

I shut my laptop down last night and in the morning I am getting a black screen and the and the hard drive light is flashing once a second.  I have removed and reseated the ram and also removed the battery.  Still no luck.

I removed the hard drive and tried to restart.  Same issue with same flashing LED.

From what I have read it could be a corrupt BIOS.  I have tried to find the DOS version of the BIOS but on the Acer site only the windows version of the BIOS is available.  I want to try the FN+ESC+Power  sequence to try and reflash my laptop.

Can someone point me to a DOS bios that will work to get this recovered?  From what I can tell the same BIOS is used for all E1-572 models.

Thanks you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,620 Trailblazer
    Options

Don't try flashing the BIOS until you've at least tried to HDMI out to a TV to see if it might be the video cable or the screen itself. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mamejay
    mamejay Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for that.  It was the BIOS and a flash using the FN+ESC key did the trick.  Bit annoying that the firmware is not available VIA the Acer website and had to be procured from a 3rd party website.  My notebook is back in action

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,620 Trailblazer
    Options

Congrats. Good for you! Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ