Acer Aspire E1-572G HDMI no sound through the TV

Options
CLTBF
CLTBF Member Posts: 7 New User

I'll be honest, I have no idea if this has ever worked before for me. I have been through a total of three labtops (Not recently or within the same year I promise! o.o), the first was a really old one much bigger then my current and even it did not have an HDMI driver. My 2nd did not either, not sure if that was just because it was loaded with windows 8 when I first bought it. My third one, my current one was bought with windows 8.1 as the base installed software. But even this computer does not have an HDMI drive or option, what all these computers had in comman however is this - they all used Realtek's HD audio as their sound driver. I'm quite certain maybe that I am the only person with this specific problem as everyone else seems to have 'options' under their sound panels, but me... well theres nothing - not even evidence of there being an option of HDMI. Before you suggest it, I have it enabled to show disabled drivers/hidden so it still isn't there. If anyone can help me with this I would greatly appreciate it, this has been a headache for me for quite some time. (Rather bathling really... three labtops, one not even in the same generation didn't have it and was Windows 7 - just the same audio problem).

Screenshots:

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm154/luppi7/SceenshotC.png

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm154/luppi7/ScreenshotB.png

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm154/luppi7/screenshotA.png

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

HDMI sound output is not related to Realtek but on VGA drivers.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CLTBF
    Options

Any suggestions then? (To be honest - this is the first anyones mentioned VGA to me, I'm not sure on what it is exactly ._.)

• IronFly
    Options

it's your video card, so you must know if your notebook has Intel,nVidia or ATI

• CLTBF
    Options
    I've already tried reinstalling my Intel a few times, sadly nothing of such seems to be working out.
  • IronFly
    Options

if you right click on desktop, select screen resolution, adavanced settings, what appear as adapter type?

• CLTBF
    Options
    At the moment I can't check - my computer is doing a restore. The only reference I can give is the screenshots and this additional number I got from it to find the drivers; 4400 (Is that the adapter type?)
  • IronFly
    Options
  • CLTBF
    Options

sadly that doesn't work for me either... if you seen the screenshots that was even when I had the cable plugged in, on both my labtops as well as my older one there is no HDMI sound under device manager or in the sound options.

• IronFly
    Options
  • CLTBF
    Options
    I had tried that already, sadly still stale results with no change. Tomorrow I'm planning on buying different HDMI cables to see if it's a hardware issue, I don't want to take my computer in if it's happening to all three (I read somewhere that it may be the cord itself)
  • IronFly
    Options

Sure, can be the HDMI cable too.

• CLTBF
    Options
    That's what I'm hoping... I mean, the HDMI isn't automatically there when you buy a computer is it? (Doesn't it show up once you first use the cable?)
  • IronFly
    Options

normally yes but sometimes HDMI connections are tricky.

it must be an easy connection but they changed standard many times and some old TVs or cables give some troubles here and there.

• badboyasd
    badboyasd Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

UPDATE VGA , BIOS , AND GET SOUND. I HAS SAME BUG, AND IT GONE NOW. FACEBOOK [edited for privacy]

• PotentialKebab
    PotentialKebab Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had this issue a few month ago and found this thread among others and just figure that it wasn't possible, turns out its rather simple but a little finiky. All you have to do is uninstall the stock acer drivers and anything associated with thme as they are both out of date and don't inlcude the support for audio through HDMI. You then install the most uptodate intel drivers manually through the device manager and that should do it. As far as I recall that'll do the job although I did this fix in mid to late January(only tested the hdmi today) so there might be a bit missing but you'll figure it out