Acer Aspire E1-572-6829

Options
Jesus828
Jesus828 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

When I am working on my laptop off battery power and I shut the monitor without shutting the pc down, at times it seems like the pc is in sleep mode but will not respond. I have to (I guess you would call it hard start it), reboot it to get it working again. Usually the screen is black when I reopen my laptop. Today, browser was barely visible. What is going on with my pc? It's not even 1 yr old yet. Thanks.

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Jesus828,

A couple suggestions for you. One would be to use the FN+F6 key which controls the backlight. It may be turned off at some point.

The other suggestion would be to go into your Power Management settings in Windows and adjust how the system reacts when you close the lid.

Hope this helps,
    Cory

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Jesus828,

It's hard to tell you exactly what the problem is with your unit. It may be a hardware problem if you are experencing the display dimming on its own and not when you change between being plugged in and on battery. You may want to play with your power settings and turn your brightness to max to see if that makes a difference. If that doesn't help, I would strongly recommend contacting technical support in your region while still under warranty.