Acer Aspire E1-572-5417

Options
Linds123
Linds123 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I just bought an 

Acer Aspire E1-572-5417 and learned that there is no optical drive. I am very disappointed and need to know if there is an internal optical drive that I could install in my laptop. If there is no option I would have to return this and get another laptop. thank you!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    The vast majority of Ultrabooks ship without an optical drive, Ultra-thin laptops are great. They're light, super portable, and can handle almost any modern task you throw at them. They don't come with DVD drives inside, but the fact of the matter is that most of us rarely use disc drives these days, since online stores like iTunes,Amazon and Netflix provide us with most of our media online.

You have the option to use an external USB CD drive or a USB stick You can connect an external USB optical drive to allow for using DVD and Blu-Ray media.

if you still wish to install a internal DVd drive, you may installed the below mentioned DVD drive withpart number :

KO.00807.010  Super-Multi DRIVE PANASONIC Super-Multi DRIVE 9.0mm Tray 8X UJ8D2QBAA2-B LF W/O bezel SATA
    KO.0080D.009  Super-Multi DRIVE HLDS  HITACHI EAST  Super-Multi DRIVE 9.0mm Tray 8X GU71N LF W/O bezel SATA

If you need a ODD bracket and Bezel to install it, the part number  are
    ODD BRACKET 33 33.M8EN2.003
    ODD BEZEL-SM  42.M8EN2.002