Acer Aspire E1-571 Internet Issues?

Toadsanime
Toadsanime Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey there guys, my Dad purchased an Aspire E1-571 recently for my 20th birthday and I've been struggling with internet problems. At first I thought it could've been my own internet issue, but the problem is replicated at a friend's house and boyfriend's house and I've tried it with multiple browsers so it's clearly an issue with the laptop itself.

It seems to me that the internet just keeps cutting off at very frequent periods (at least every 5 minutes, if not sooner but rarely at longer intervals). It'll just continue trying to load a page endlessly or eventually tell me that the page cannot be loaded despite the internet signal showing that it's on. It's practically unusable and very annoying -- especially as a lot of my wages come from making articles online and I'm struggling to access the internet, having already thrown out my previous laptop.

Any ideas what the problem is? All I could think it may be is a driver problem or the network card is busted. Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Toadsanime
    Toadsanime Member Posts: 2 New User

I'm getting the worrying sinking feeling that I'm not going to get any help from Acer here then, especially seeing as the reply that was here yesterday has been deleted. Smiley Sad

• alee42
    alee42 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm having the same exact issue.  Have you been able to find anything?

• jteodorini
    jteodorini Member Posts: 1 New User

Having exactly the same issue as well - getting very frustrating as I use it solely for work and have to keep switching to tablet whilst restarting the laptop.

• shadowman
    shadowman Member Posts: 16 New User

Have you checked the Power Management setting under Network Adapter.  In default setting, it has an option to let the system turn off to save power.

• zerogear
    zerogear Member Posts: 1 New User

im having the same problem except mine last a few hours them cuts out its *** alot now because i cant download any of my films or watch stuff like the walking dead on project free tv because the internet wont stay active long enough i told my dad he shouldve bought me a compaq laptop they never fail me not like acer of which fails all the time and acer you *** make an update for all aspire versions including mine with the **bleep**ing terrible ugly ***** operating system called windows 8 that fixes all these problems or just be useless dumb *** that cant make a decent laptop like compaq can

[inappropriate content removed]

• andhellfollowed
    andhellfollowed Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone,

I recently bought the same laptop and have been having these issues with the internet cutting out every few minutes for the last month, however I tried Shadowman's tip about changing the power management settings and so far so good!

I've spent the last few hours sufring the web and not had a single failure - I changed the power settings to 'MAXIMUM PERFORMANCE' - Seems to have don the trick

Thank you SHADOWMAN

TC

• zaman94
    zaman94 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello all,

I just bought this acer 2 weeks ago and having the same problem. The internet is getting disconnected. I was searching on Google and ppl are saying it's Macfee issue. I uninstalled Macfee and installed Norton and still having the same issue. It doesn't seem the hardware, may be some driver or software issue.

I am really flustered.

• zaman94
    zaman94 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi all,

I think I find the problem: the wireless LAN driver installed in your computer is not compatible with your wireless adopter.

Follow the step below:

1. Download the Hardware Detection Tool to find out which wireless LAN adapter you have?

2. go to accer driver dowonload page :  for me it Canada : http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/drivers or you can google.

3. selet you model and make sure you select the right operating system window 7  or 8 etc. Then you will see the list of Wireless LAN driver (Atheros, Broadcom or Intel). Download and install the appropriate one for your computer.

Good Luck!

• TheBurningDude
    TheBurningDude Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello guys!
    Your solution (Zaman94) is working temporary. When I install the driver, I immediently connect to my network but when i restart my laptop, it can't connect. But thank you, it works for a while Smiley Tongue

You can find the Acer Aspire E1-571 under Drivers and Manuals -> Notebook -> Aspire -> Aspire E1-571

• TheBurningDude

Hello again!
    I think i might have found the solution. Follow my steps!

1. Go in Control Panel

2. Click on Hardware and Sound

3. Click on Device Manager

4. Expand Network Card - it's something with Network. My laptop is in Danish, so i don't know what it's called in English.

5. Double click on Broadcom 802.11n and update the driver. If it is up to date, then click on Power Management  and don't allow the computer to turn off the device to save power.

Hope it helped!
    - TheBurningDude

• millerb2525
    millerb2525 Member Posts: 1 New User

I chatted with a tech support rep yesterday and downloaded a new driver for the Qualcomm Atheros wireless adaptor, rebooted and voila...internet has been working fine for 24hours.  

• Mortiis
    Mortiis Member Posts: 1 New User

i have new acer aspire e1-571g and have big problems with wifi internet

for internet i have webcube2,signal is very good but on my laptop ocassionaly internet just dont work,sometimes it said it limited connectivity and sometimes just cant even open sites and do nothing...but on my smartphone internet just works perfectly fine all the time..just have problems on my laptop

i have win 8...maybe problems with drivers or? :smileyfrustrated:

i really need help over here

yesterday i installed that recommended driver ''WLAN_Broadcom_6.30.59.20_W8x64''

and was working ok...this morning i turn on my laptop and same **bleep**,it takes me 10min to open this forum and write this message...man i hate this acer thing with wireless!!! if i dont resolve this problem this is my first and last acer!

would it help if i buy usb adapter for wireless? with that is whole another thing,it doesnt use wireless adapter that im having or?

now i UNclicked that box who said turn off adapter for energy saving...and restarted my laptop and now is working fine..

but that was also like yesterday,after i've installed new drivers,and i was happy that its working fine..and this morning,i almost broke my laptop -.-

so i will not say its working until few days passes,cuz sometimes its working fine so this is maybe just a random luck...

if this isnt working im gonna probably buy usb adapter for wireless and try use that,maybe it will work that way,hopefully :/

any tips??

• tothemax
    tothemax Member Posts: 1 New User

I have had the same laptop for 6 months now and it takes me at least 10 mins to get it to connect to the network but if I leave it for a few moments without activity I have to go through it all over again.  Just about had enough.

• smslack
    smslack Member Posts: 2 New User

My son bought one of these (the "G" version, I think) and was having terrible issues with the Intel WiFi. Constant drops Smiley Sad

zaman94 solution seems to have worked for us. The Win 8 64bit drivers installed and the WiFi settled down. 

Thanks, zaman94 Smiley Happy

• TheBurningDude

Check my solution above. It worked for me and 2 other models of Acer. The "Broadcom"-part is different from pc to pc, but you should click on the name of your network card. Hope it helped you guys.

- TheBurningDude

• smslack
    smslack Member Posts: 2 New User

Just want to add another update to this saga. The solution we tried worked, or seemed to work, for a little while. The wifi issues came back with a vengeance and my son got to the point where he was going to take the machine back to the store.

At this point, and to save him a bit of hassle, I set to trying to diagnosing just what was going wrong before talking to the drones on the returns line:

1st try and rule out a driver/Win8 problem by booting with a live distro of Ubuntu. This failed as the version I had (10.04) didn't recognise the wifi card. **bleep**.

2nd I set up a different wireless access point. We have a BT HomeHub 3 into which I plugged a Netgear WiMax access point. What would you know. It's solved the problem! Connect to the Netgear and hey presto - good wifi with the Acer Smiley Happy

So he is now running with the stock Win 8 driver and getting a fast connection on start up and a very stable signal.

Could it just be a channel difference, a different 802.11 b/g/n configuration, incompatible HoneHub3 ? WHo knows, but the little bugger has stopped whining now!

• markoo
    markoo Member Posts: 1 New User

I thought I'd throw another solution into the mix, as I have spent most of the evening trying to fix this same problem on my wife's 3 month old E1-571G.

After spending plenty of time installing drivers and setting the power management settings as in some of the answers without luck, I went to my wifi router and had a poke around as there was an answer related to changing the router.

So it seems that my acer laptop is not happy with channel 6 using 108 mbps, so I changed the wireless setting to g and b and picked channel 5 at random and hey presto, wifi is working fine.

Hope this helps someone else out there.

Mark.

• Humayoun007
    Humayoun007 Member Posts: 1 New User

Your windows may be curropted

• TheLastBro
    TheLastBro Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hello,
    Did anybody here have my problem too? On the front, there are 4 lights. A light bulb, the battery light, disk tray (i think) and a wireless light. My wireless light is orange/red, and i can't go on the internet. I have been waiting for Google like 20min Now and nothing happens. It just loads. My internet is working perfectly, so what's wrong with the PC? I've tryed to do the "maximum performance" thing in the power options. Please help?
  • Ian1
    Ian1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Thanks to the simple solution put forward by TheBurningDude, my Broadcom 802.1 network adaptor seems to be  working perfectly!! THANK YOU!

Ian1