Acer Aspire E1-571 Erecovery Disc

Options
Airgunner
Airgunner Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi All

I have an Acer Aspire E1-571 windows 8 64 bit, last year I decided to replace it with windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.

Unfortunately I didn't do a windows 8 recovery disc so I could revert back to factory settings and all partions were wiped so there is no recovery partion on the hard drive either.

I went to the Acer store eRecovery section which is only on the USA and Canadian websites, none of the other countries including my own the UK have an eRecovery page.

Anyway the USA site didn't recognize my serial number and Canadian website said there is no RCD for my machine so I'm at a loss at what to do now, is there another place I could go to get the RCD ??

Thanks for looking

Regards 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Airgunner
    Airgunner Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks ironfly

I didn't come across that page, mine never had as many countries on it lol.

I have contacted them, just waiting on reply will post back answer when I have it.

Thanks again.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    You welcome. Smiley Happy
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Billn4642
    Billn4642 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I ordered an eRecovery package for my E1-571 (SNID [edited for privacy]) from US site for $19.95. My computer came with Windows 8.0 and I tried downloading Win 10 preview and got a locked hard drive. Also there is a longer serial # on the computer, did you try that one?

• Billn4642
    Billn4642 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I have a set of unused E1-571 recovery disks that I'll sell for $10. I misplaced my first set bought another, and found the old set on the day the second set arrived. So I'm out an extra $23, but would be happy to recover some $. My first set worked fine.