Acer Aspire E-572G reboot problem after installing windows 8.1

Options
Danieq
Danieq Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

hello everyone,

i've recently bought this fantastic notebook with windows 8 preinstalled, everything was running as it should.

but it kept telling me that i had a free update to windows 8.1 so I installed it. after the installation i saw that the schreen quality of some applications ( for example spotify ) was less than it was before. i've tried to play some games but it would let me play them because the schreen kept flikkering.

On top of these problems i can't let my notebook go into sleepmode because if it goes to sleep mode it doesn't come back on. I've tried everything to get it on but it just wouldn't responde. The only way to get it back on is by manualy shutting it off and on again.

I also can't shut the computer off by clicking on the shut off button in windows itself. the schreen just goes black and the coolers inside the notebook would just make a verry loud noise. this goes on until the battery is empty and then it will shut off because it has no power.

i've already installed the latest drivers for both my grapics cards and updated everything in my windows update.

can someone please help me i'm getting desperate now...\

sincerely

Dani

ps. sorry for my bad spelling, English is not my native language.

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, account numbers, etc.]

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Go to Programs and features/ Installed Updates and uninstall the update or use System Restore to go back to a point before the update was installed.