Acer Aspire-951822 (Battery Trouble)

GuardianHarpuia
GuardianHarpuia Member Posts: 3 New User

I realize I'm relatively new to the community, but keep in mind I'm not an exact novice with technology. That being said, I know I didn't purchase the best Laptop, and I never purchased one before hand. Here's the situation:

I've read many help forums trying to solve the charging problem by simply disconnecting the battery. I found myself unable to do so. Then I found out about the battery reset button, also did not solve the problem, it was totally useless. When the laptop is off, and the charger plugged in, the LED with a light bulb behind it blinks orange twice and nothing happens until I turn it on, then turns blue. When I goto shut it down, and after it's shut down, the battery LED blinks orange at 1 second intervals. The laptop is otherwise fine-other than the fact I need to bring the charger wherever I am in order to use it, so I can rule out the adapter being the issue....I think.

Please help quickly-if it's unfixable I need to return it soon.

Best Answer

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Answer ✓

Yup, that's it. So the battery is internal, but I'd like to go over a power reset just to make sure.

It will be a bit tricky, but hit the battery pin hole reset with a paperclip or something similiar. You should feel a pretty definitive recession when you push on it. If you can, hold the power button for 10-30 seconds and then try.

If that fails, I'd recommend contacting your local service team as I can't think of any other troubelshooting and I suspect that the battery has failed.

Cory

Answers

• Cory-Acer

Hi GuardianHarpuia,

Can you help clarify which Acer Aspire notebook you have? The '951822' is not something I recognize. It may help us giving you more precision information.

With that said, it sounds like you're saying the laptop will not work without the AC Adapter plugged in? Are you not able to charge the battery at all or are you concerned that you're not able to charge it while it's powered off?

Cory

• GuardianHarpuia

The model should be something more like "ES1-512-C1PW"? As for the troubles you have listed, they both apply. The Laptop will not work without the adapter, and I cannot charge the battery while it is turned off. Does this information help?

• Cory-Acer
    Answer ✓

Yup, that's it. So the battery is internal, but I'd like to go over a power reset just to make sure.

It will be a bit tricky, but hit the battery pin hole reset with a paperclip or something similiar. You should feel a pretty definitive recession when you push on it. If you can, hold the power button for 10-30 seconds and then try.

If that fails, I'd recommend contacting your local service team as I can't think of any other troubelshooting and I suspect that the battery has failed.

Cory

• GuardianHarpuia

Alright, I'll give it a try. Thank you for your assistance.

• Cory-Acer

Of course. Hopefully you don't need it, but here is the US service contact information.

http://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact

Cory