Acer Aspire 8953G - Dolby 5.1 only 2 speakers Windows 10

KvackEvolution
KvackEvolution Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi

I upgraded my Aspire to Windows 10 a couple of months ago, but i just use it for excel and word were i didnt care about the sound until now. Imported some old good tunes from my old iPod i want to listen to. I can remember the whole 5.1 sound worked back in Windows 7, but not now.

So it was just default windows 10 sound drivers installed which i downloaded the ones from my Acer's support page for WIN7 x64. They didn't work... at all. So i started troubleshooting and searching. Someone said i should test the drivers from the realtek site instead. Yes it worked... Sort of :\, just the 2 front speakers work with just system sounds. If i go to Realtek panel it recoqnises the 5.1 system and i test the sound, it just sounds in the 2 front speakers. I tested go to the Speakers setting in control panel and it recoqnises the subwoofer and the other speakers in the volume control to. 

I can just hear system sounds now in the front speakers.

Any idea what to do ?

Regards

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

If the Win10 installation hasn't wiped out the hidden eRecovery partition, you can try upgrading back to Win7 while saving your data.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• KvackEvolution
    KvackEvolution Member Posts: 2 New User

Well, i think its wiped Smiley Sad Can't find it in Windows either 

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Try this. Go to Control Panel and search "device installation". Then click change device installation settings. Disable automatic driver updates by Win10 so you can choose what to do. It may (or may not) come up with a list of drivers to disable. Disable automatic realtek updates. After doing this, you may have to uninstall the realtek driver again from Device Mgr. Then re-boot and allow Win10 to detect and force it to install its own Win10 generic audio drivers instead of realtek which may ---or may not--- give you full surround function again.

If this doesn't work, we can still try to get you back to a factory-fresh Win7 state.

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ