Acer Aspire 7750g Power button board compatibility

Options
gsmith524
gsmith524 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hey guys! First post here on the Acer community forum. I have a question regarding my Acer Aspire 7750g. I bought & installed a new motherboard but I've been dealing with a major issue concerning the power button board. It seems to either have stopped working or the ribbon has shorted out, I don't have the means to test which part is defective, but no power is running to the power button board so I can't turn it on. I've been searching all over the place for a replacement power button board to no avail, but came across one for an Acer Aspire 5750. I know that certain components are interchangeable between both laptops but I don't know about this particular piece.

Are there any experts out here that can verify if getting a 5750 power button board would work? Or could this cause some potential problems to the new motherboard? I'm desperate to get this machine back running so that I can work again. Oh, and if anyone knows where I can get a 7750 power button board for a decent price in case the 5750 board doesn't work I would be greatly appreciative.

Thank you Smiley Happy

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,145 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

Aspire 7750g (7750 series and 7560 series):

55.RB002.001POWER BD

Aspire 5750:

55.RFD02.001POWER BD

They are not compatible.

France
  • gsmith524
    gsmith524 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Have components like this ever been tested to see if they are compatible? I know they're different models but doesn't the power button ribbon slot just need a power source to turn on? I've been looking everywhere & cannot find the specific power board for the 7750 anywhere.