MEMORY

• Max Supported Size
    8 GB
  • Technology
    DDR3 SDRAM
  • Form Factor
    SO-DIMM 204-pin
  • Slots Qty

I can see at amazon the following RAM is available but before ordering I need your suggestions:

Please note its a single 8GB DIMM.

Crucial 8GB Single DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 SODIMM 204-Pin 1.35V/1.5V Notebook Memory CT102464BF160B

http://www.amazon.com/Corsair-1x8GB-10666-Laptop-Memory/dp/B005T63BEM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1464492769&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=SO-DIMM+204-pin+DDR3+SDRAM+Acer+Aspire+7741G-6426

Thanks in Advance.

Yasar

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hello

If your computer has 2 RAM slots & will support a maximum of 8GB, then each slot will only accept 4GB.

You will need to buy a compatible 4GB stick to work with your existing module.

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hello

If your computer has 2 RAM slots & will support a maximum of 8GB, then each slot will only accept 4GB.

You will need to buy a compatible 4GB stick to work with your existing module.

• mrpete
    mrpete Member Posts: 32 New User

Does yasar2002 currently have 1 x 4 GB SODIMM installed or does he have 2 x 2 GB installed? My guess is that he has 2 x 2 GB. yasar2002, you want to end up with 2 x 4 GB SODIMMs. It is not very likely that one 8 GB SODIMM will work for you ... but you never know. Anyway, it is not recommended.

yasar2002, if you have 1 x 4 GB SODIMM installed then take the exact part number off of the SODIMM you have and go out and find another of that exact RAM part and put the SODIMM you buy in your empty RAM slot. Getting an Exact Duplicate ensures compatibility. If you can find the part new that would be good. My experience is that buying used RAM on eBay is normally just as good ... if you can find it there. Out of 30 to 40 buys I've only had problems once (or was it twice?). Of course, test the RAM with both SODIMMs installed with Memtest86+ for at least several passes or maybe a day.

Whenever you are working with RAM or HDDs/SSDs or in general on the inside of a computer you should take ANTI-STATIC PRECAUTIONS. I'll leave it to you to research what that means.

If you go the route of buying 8 GB of new Crucial RAM (with it's very nice guarantees) I really recommend buying directly off of the Crucial website. The link is below.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/aspire-7741g/CT5304946

That link came from this page ...

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/Acer/aspire-7741g

You could also buy new SODIMMs online from others. Those could be good, but either buy from the manufacturer or buy a brand you trust from an online store you trust. Buying from 800buyramhere.com might not be such a good idea. Figuring out what pair of used SODIMMs you could buy on eBay to save $10 can be an involved process and I'm not going to do all that typing here.