Acer Aspire 7540

Options
Mike63
Mike63 Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an old Acer laptop that I bought back in 2010, it started getting sluggish and becoming a pain to boot into windows 7 around 2012. After that I bought a desktop and pretty much had no need for a laptop so I set it aside. I went to get it and bring it back out to use it for some programming and now it refuses to boot into windows at all.

Problem-
When I hit the power button it brings up the "windows error recovery" only giving me the option to either "Launch Startup Repair (recommended)" or "start normally". Either option I choose it goes from there to launch windows and will either give me a black screen, or occasionally it will give me the windows 7 blue background with a cursor but no login accounts to click and login on. I can access the BIOS and the HDD is showing.

That being said, the laptop is outside the warranty date.. I went to the windows site to download the ISO for win 7 to completely reformat it as when I bought it (rent to own) it came with no disks, however when I put in my SNID it said it was a publishers software or something like that and wouldn't let me download the ISO.

I'm completely lost on how to proceed on getting this issue fixed.

Answers