Acer Aspire 5810TZ-4433 (Model MS2272): HDMI to TV connection not functioning correctly

Options
maritimedoc
maritimedoc Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have the subject Acer laptop unit.  The HDMI connection to my TV functioned correctly until yesterday when it will no longer show the desktop icons or live internet connections on my TV screen.  I have wallpaper which shows (The MS wolf theme that is included in the Win 7 Pro OS) just fine but no desktop icon overlays nor will it show the live internet windows.

The laptop itself appears to be functioning normally. For some reason the HDMI cable is not carrying the other digital data to my TV screen.

In summary:   Laptop screen shows all the icons on the desktop with them overlaying the "wolf" wallpaper background.  I have normal functioning of the computer when I click on these icons.

TV screen:  Shows only the 'wolf" wallpaper background.  No other information is viewable on the TV

I have tried using different HDMI inputs on the TV using several different HDMI cables all without success.

To my knowledge there has been no damage to the laptop's HDMI output connector.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,607 Trailblazer
    Options

Go to control panel and enter display or monitor. Adjust display settings so that external monitor shows all that dsiplays on your primary monitor. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• maritimedoc
    maritimedoc Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks.  Your suggestion resolved my problem.

Maritimedoc

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,607 Trailblazer
    Options

Congrats on your adjustments!

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ