Acer Aspire 5755G DC Jack problem (need help choosing the right DC Jack replacement)

Options
Koop99
Koop99 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 5755G and after two years of use it will not charge anymore. I've tried using different adapters but to no use. After a few days where the laptop would charge if the power cable was plugged in a certain position, it stopped charging altogether. So after reading on the internet I realize I have a problem with the DC Jack inside the laptop.

What I need to know:

Which kind of DC Jack should I buy? I found a website selling spare parts for my Acer and they sell what appears to be 3 types of DC Jack (but all with the same number of W). Which one should I buy:

1. CONN SET 0HI DCJACK-MB 90W (Partnumber: DC30100D000)

2. CONN SET 2DW2022-000133F 90W (Partnumber: DC30100DM00)

3. CONN SET 0HI DCJACK-MB DCW-03DN0B 90W (Partnumber: DC30100G700)

I'm asking these questions because I'm going to take my computer to a service and I need to know whether the DC Jack needs to be soldered (in case they say otherwise), and I need to buy the spare part myself.

Answers

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,091 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello,

These parts are in reality DC-IN cables and all are comptatible (only different manufacturers). You won't need to solder it but just replace it.

DC30100D000CONN SET 0HI DCJACK-MB 90W
    DC30100DM00CONN SET 2DW2022-000133F 90W
    DC30100G700CONN SET 0HI DCJACK-MB DCW-03DN0B 90W
    France
  • Koop99
    Options

Super. Thank you for your message. 

What do you mean by: 'These parts are in reality DC-IN cables'?

• laurent_14
    Options

Because the actual description is "CONNectors SET" and the current description is Direct Current - INput cables.

DC-IN cable

France
  • Koop99
    Options

So it's a matter of terminology?

I'm not sure I understand you completely Smiley Happy I also don't have much background knowledge in this sector.

• laurent_14
    Options

Don't worry! It's just an information. The parts are correct and easy to replace.Smiley Happy

France
  • Koop99
    Options

Ah, okay Smiley Happy Well thanks for the information. You made my laptop repair cheaper.

• laurent_14
    Options

You're welcome! Smiley Happy

Good luck!

France