Acer Aspire 5755 Reset and reinstalled Windows 10, now I don't have Microsoft Office Starter Pack

cmnieve
cmnieve Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

I reset my computer because I was having issues with it and "reinstalled a clean version of Windows 10." In doing so, I no longer have the Microsoft Office 2010 Starter pack that came with the laptop. This included, among others, Word and Excel. I need these for work. Is there a way to get this back?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

How did you do the re-set? From inside Windows --- what was the WinVer?  Or did you re-set from the hidden recovery partition? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• cmnieve
    cmnieve Member Posts: 2 New User

I reset using the recovery option in the settings on the computer.

• JackE

Does this mean you used Win10's re-set method? Or did you use ACER's hidden recovery partition re-set method? There's a ***HUGE*** difference between the two re-set! It's important to know which re-set method you used before proceeding. 

Jack E/NJ    

Jack E/NJ

• Frankolo
    Frankolo Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. I reset via Win 10 method. Can I still recover office starter? What's the difference?
  • JackE

Frankolo---Your machine originally shipped from the factory with the hidden Win7 eRecovery partition on the HDD. You can re-set the system to a factory fresh Win7 state with the starter package recovered if the hidden partition is still intact by following this video ***exactly*** using the ALT+F10 cold boot recovery method. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2xoMEPfiPQ

You have the option of saving your personal files and installed software but some of these may be lost especially those created during your Win10 detour. If you originally installed the freebie Win10 downgrade a year or so ago, you likely won't be able to do it again for free if for some reason you actually like Win10 better than Win7.

There may be another possibility if you want to try to stay with Win10 for now. Open control panel and search for "restore point". Check to see if any "restore points" were created and saved that immediately pre-date the time you did the Win10 re-set. If so, then you could restore the machine to the condition is was just prior to doing the Win10 re-set

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• badaze
    badaze Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello,

I had Microsoft Office starter on a previous laptop before I bought an Acer which was without Office. I searched in internet and found a way to install it on my Acer. Just I didn't save the link.

• JackE
    Thanks badaze. A quick google search with the keywords "Microsoft Office Starter 2010" and "freeware" with the quotes did in fact turn up a few freeware download sites for 32-bit Windows versions. I'm unable to verify they're integrity, usefulness or installation-ease so it's "downloader beware". 8^) Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ