Acer Aspire 5750 Randomly Freezes

Options
Phenom
Phenom Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello, my laptop (Acer Aspire 5750) has been freezing ever since the day I purchased it. I've had the laptop for about 2 years and done clean installation of Windows multiple times to attempt to fix the problem. It happens to freeze unexpectedly during usage of the latop and even when I'm away and come back it is frozen which leads me to turning the laptop off and on. I do have SquareTrade warrenty on my laptop and I sent it in so I can try getting the problem and fixed; but I got it back and I'm experiencing the same issue. Is there anything I can do to get the problem solved? I would appreciate the help, thanks.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Random freezing generally indicates a software issue, but can sometimes be caused by hardwared.

How often does the system freeze?

You state you have reloaded Windows. Are you using Acer recovery software to reload your system?

After you reload your system, how long does it take it to freeze? This is without installing any software other than what Windows loads.

Have you scanned for Viruses and MalWare?

• Phenom
    Options

Hello Blayn, thanks for the reply. My system freezes frequently at random times. I have formatted and reinstalled Windows for a numerous amount of times and the issue still occurs. It has frozen with no software after reinstalling Windows. I have ran scans with Webroot, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, Bitdefender, Kaspersky & I still have the problem. I sent into SquareTrade for repair and they placed a new hard drive and that didn't fix the problem so I am thinking it's a hardware issue.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

I would agree from your latest description that your problem is hardware related. I would suggest you contact technical support or use our online application to set your system up for service. If you would like, you can send me a private message with your name, telephone number, and serial number, and I can look into what warranty options are available for you.

• huehall
    huehall Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, 

I have the identical issue.  Were you able to resolve it?  In an attempt to rule out software, I created a dual boot environment with Windows 7 and Windows 8.  The issue still occurs in both OSs.  Essentially, the pc totally locks up at random times and it doesn't matter what I'm doing with the PC -- it could even just be idle.  I had BIOS version 1.17 and updated to 1.2* and the issue hasn't happened since but I'm still in the process of monitoring.  Please run msinfo32 or go into your BIOS with F2 at startup and see what your BIOS version is.  I'll keep you posted on my end.

Thanks,

Hue.

• JotJotJot
    JotJotJot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I had modded acer aspire 5750g bios and an official from website. And i know exactly what caused my pc to freeze. I turned off c-states on my modded bios, pc was turned on for days and didnt freeze. Today i decided to try official 1.21 bios from acer website, and you know what happened. After couple of hours my pc freeze.

• Phenom
    Options

I was not able to solve the problem; however, I purchased a new laptop a few months ago and according to JotJotJot I would agree it is most likely the BIOS.