Acer Aspire 5750-6677 Model PSWE0 charging problem.

Options
Digvalley
Digvalley Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Acer Aspire 5750-6677 Model PSWE0 Serial number[edited for privacy]
SNID [edited for privacy]

System Bios V1.08
VGA Bios V2098

Battery; 3 months old. Extended use replacement battery

Problem within the last month;

At random times the Power switch starts flashing, battery light starts flashing, power light next to battery charge light flashes, and computer beeps. Battery icon on taskbar indicates that it is not being charged.

Attempted / checked the following;

Unplugged power supply then replugged. Sometimes the computer starts charging.

During no charging conditions the Device Manager indicates;  Microsoft; AC adapter, ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery, and Composite Battery; “This device is working properly”.

Removed battery and pressed power switch for 2 minutes – reinserted battery and restarted computer; computer still has the charging problem.

Restored computer to an earlier time; problem still the same

Inspected power supply port and its wiring and cleaned out dust. Soldering and wires OK.

Power supply voltage is OK.

Tearing hair out of my head also doesn't help

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Shut down and unplug. Use a paperclip and gently press into the tiny hole in the bottom until you feel it click.

Plug in, reboot and see if it's better. If not uninstall ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery and do the first series again.

• Digvalley
    Options
    Where is the reset hole located?
  • philetus
    Options

Sorry, I was thinking about another laptop with a build in battery. Just remove the battery and power and hold the power swith down for 20 seconds then plug in and start.

• Digvalley
    Options
    I have already removed computer battery and pressed power switch (2 minutes), didn't help
  • philetus
    Options

Did you uninstall ACPI-compliant Control Method Battery

• Digvalley
    Options
    No i did not. What is the procedure for doing this?
  • philetus
    Options

Go to Windows search, type  Device Manager, click Device Manager/ Batteries and right click on  Right-click Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery and select Uninstall. Reboot.

• Digvalley
    Options
    I did as you instructed - right now all looks OK. Hopefully this did the trik. Thanks!!. I will give you feedback in a few days.