Acer Aspire 5742ZG screen problem

Options
gunaka
gunaka Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi all

Today i was using my laptop (Acer Aspire 5742G) normally and then suddenly my screen freezes and turns off. The picture at that moment when the screen froze was covered with green horizontal lines and some small green squares and then the screen  switched off while the laptop continued to operate normally.

I tried to restart my laptop, but the screen does not turn on, and looks like laptop is wotking normally because I can hear the windows login  sound (led indicators for WIFI and read data from the HDD are working).
I tried to connect the laptop and TV via an HDMI cable, but the TV does not get any picture.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem and how it might be solved?

I tried few solutions i found on other forums and youtube but nothing seems to work.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Please power OFF the computer for 4 to 5 seconds, disconnect the AC adapter.

Then you may remove the battery and connect only the AC adapter to check if the computer is working.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• gunaka
    Options

I tried that, problem is still there.

• gunaka
    Options

Bump.

I tried trick with FN+ESC+power and new Bios via USB (corrupted bios ? ) but problem is still there.