Acer Aspire 5738Z not booting

Options
DanielFernandes
DanielFernandes Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Hi,
My acer aspire 5738Z is not booting. It is running on Windows 7 Ultimate. I had kept it in sleep mode and was charging my phone with it's USB until the battery drained completely and my phone stopped charging.
Then I charged my laptop battery. When it got charged, I pressed the power button and then the HDD LED turned on fot one second and then it was off. The fan was on all the while. Caps lock light wasn't working. Display was completely off. Projector button works. CD drive works. And when a connect or disconnect charger beep comes.

I have tried basic trouble shooting like removing battery then connecting only power plug etc. and nothing works. Please someone help me, if you know what to do then tell me. You are my only hope.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew
    Options

If the Aspire notebook is not booting chances are the hard drive is bad and needs replacing. If you did not create the recovery media back up, you can check for availability at the Acer store at https://store.acer.com/en-us/

Click the link for eRecovery and enter the serial number in the field and click Submit. If available the price info will come up with an option to order.