Acer Aspire 5736z 4460

Options
Railroader
Railroader Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Machine will not power up, replaced  the power jack, no joy, will not turn on, even with fresh battery, appears Dead. Any thoughts, Ideas, bad main board Perhaps, CPU, I don't have any spare parts to test it. Thanks

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

It is impossible to say what component failed without testing the system. My best recommendation would be to set the system up for warranty service, or check with a local repair shop to have it diagnosed.

• Railroader
    Options

Thanks for the reply, however, I have bought a laptop Motherboard post test card and the machine won't even power that up, confirmed the post card works by testing it on my laptop. Power supply is working, so I am going to assume the MB is defective and or CUP, Used CPU's are cheap. I have been working on computers for quite a while and even build my own desktops. Just thought I would try to get a second opinion, it appears that idea failed.

1.  It is not my machine

2. is not under warranty

3. would cost more than the machine is worth to take it to a repair shop.

• Shaffer325ix
    Shaffer325ix Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I realize this is an older post, but maybe you'll be able to help me with some info Railroader?

Do you perhaps remember when you tried to turn the laptop on using the power button, Did the "Orange "battery"light turn off and the blue "lightbulb" light turn on with the blue power button light? I'm having a similar issue I"m trying to diagnosis myself. if I hold the power button on with my finger I can sometimes hear the hard disk start up, but no screen.

I can assume its the motherboard, but I don't want to purchace parts based on assumptions.

• Railroader
    Options

No power button light, everything appeard to be dead, but that was due to dead battery and bad power circuit on MB. Motherboard was defecive in this unit, would not charge, when I put in a fully charged battery it would power up, would not power up when plugged in. I replaced the MB, for $75.00 works great now.