Acer Aspire 5736Z bluetooth problem

Options
rogertriton
rogertriton Member Posts: 15 New User

No matter what I do, after re-installing Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit to this laptop, the Bluetooth will not work. There seem to be 5 drivers that need to be installed to get Bluetooth going. Two fail on the install.

I will post all 5 tomorrow. If you type in my SNID of 04904811216 it will list all of the drivers.

Can bluetooth be installed to the laptop? What should I be doing?

Thanks.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

ram size on your Aspire?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rogertriton
    Options

Here is a screenshot of all files that were downloaded and installed:

http://i.imgur.com/zOPaqCo.png

Failed install: Bluetooth_Atheros_7.2.0.6_Winx86x64.zip

and

Failed install 2: Bluetooth(3.0)_Broadcom_6.3.0.6000_W7x86.zip

• IronFly
    Options

Can you please answer my questions? Smiley Happy

• rogertriton
    Options

Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Where you see the Yellow exclamation mark, double click it, choose "Details" tab, from the dropdown menu choose "HardwareIDs", click the first string and copy/paste it here.

ram size on your Aspire?

------

I don't see any exclamation mark, so it must not be installing the hardware driver. It did install 3 of the 5 zip files.

The Ram is 2GB, same as installed.

• IronFly
    Options

did you get the error even with the Broadcom 6.3.0.600?

• rogertriton
    Options

@IronFly:

http://i.imgur.com/A4e5Hyx.png

That is the error message.