Acer Aspire 5733Z Black Screen

Options
Barnov
Barnov Member Posts: 11 New User

Black screen on switch on.   Remote monitor works fine.   Tried F5 no luck.   Managed to get screen on once more by luck than judgement following other online suggestions.   Maybe coincidence but problem occurred after Windows 10 notification arrived.   Would appreciate any help in no tech language, salutations.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You may boot the computer and login into windows by connectng the external monitor, then open device manager > expand display adapter > right click on the name of the display adapter and uninstall it.
    Then restart your computer and check the display is working fine with generic driver. You may go ahead and install the display driver if everythig is working fine.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You may boot the computer and login into windows by connectng the external monitor, then open device manager > expand display adapter > right click on the name of the display adapter and uninstall it.
    Then restart your computer and check the display is working fine with generic driver. You may go ahead and install the display driver if everythig is working fine.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• Barnov
    Options

Thank you for prompt response Ally.

My laptop is running Windows 7.   On expanding Display Adapter, only one option >Intel(R) HD Graphics<, produces warnings if I attempt to uninstall??

For interest under Monitors there is Generic PnP monitor with drivers which do not appear to have been updated since 2006 version and they are defaulted to not update with windows???

I am a bit lost and a novice, therefore am checking before following your instructions, apologies.

• Barnov
    Options

Ally, I have followed the instructions you listed, not successful - results were:

On restart generic driver operated but only showed on remote screen, laptop screen remains blank.   On restarting laptop automatically searched for and loaded same driver.