Acer Aspire 5552 Black Screen

Options
mucherons
mucherons Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello, I have a black screen and have tried to connect to a diffenrent monitor through the HDMI connector and the VGA one to no success.

I am trying to refresh the BIOS by coping the BIOS for the system from the download page from ACER.

No success so far, any help woud be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

If you're trying to use the Fn+Esc with a bootable USB stick method, try re-naming the downloaded BIOS file from the DOS subdirectory to Q5WP2X64.fd . Then put this renamed .fd file in the root directory of the boot stick. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• mucherons
    mucherons Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for your reply.

I tried as you indicated and it is not working.  The comuter I have is a 5552 not 5733Z.  I am to sure if this has something to do with your suggestion to rename it.

I do not see the light on the USB go on at all after pressing ESC and Fn at the same time and restarting it.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

Be very careful downloading the correct BIOS file!!!! Your subject title refers to 5733Z, not 5552. Trying to flash a 5552 BIOS chip with the wrong firmware could irreparably damage the chip's ability to interpret the Fn+Esc crisis mode hotkey combination.

Re-name the downloaded 5552 BIOS file to BIOS.FD. Then place this BIOS.FD file into the root directory of the FAT32 formatted USB stick. No other BIOS file can be in the root directory.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ