Acer Aspire 5336 no hard drive light

Options
83dons
83dons Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello. I was trying to replace a cracked screen and was having problems so tried to put the original one back in and order another one. However now when I power up the computer the front 2 lights - charging and lights come on but the hard drive doesnt even flicker nor does the wifi and the screen remains black. It doesnt even try to boot. SOmething else must have come loose or shorted I guess. Should I pull the laptop completely apart and check all connections now or what is likely to be the problem? Everything was working ok previously as I hooked the laptop with cracked screen up to a monitor and it worked perfectly before i started mucking about with the screen.

Answers

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,
    On My Understanding, You could have missed to connect all the cables, you may need to make sure all the cables unplugged earlier are Plugged in secure, that should help you
  • 83dons
    Options

Yes but swapping out the screen should not have affected the hard drive and the light no longer comes on and the laptop does not boot up. I may have loosed another wire from the main unit that comes through to the screen portion I am not sure. What is likely to cause the hard drive not to even boot up? I have read somewhere about flashing the BIOS and and CMOS and other things such as power checking with a kit but not sure the correct steps here to work out the problem. This is not my laptop so have to correct the problem!

• 83dons
    Options

It is also worth saying that I think the power died when I removed cable from the back of the screen to the laptop with the battery and power connected. I know a no no but was getting really impatient with all the connecting and disconnecting then switiching power on and off. So something might have shorted to cause the hard drive not to start now. Really need a checklist of things to check in order now to isolate what the problem is.