Acer Aspire 5315 wireless network drivers not working

Options
mikehende
mikehende Member Posts: 11 New User

This unit had win7 on it and everything was working fine. I reloaded back Vista and updated, all drivers showed as installed except for the wireless network so I downloaded all 3 wireless network drivers from Acer's site. Only the Atheros installed but still does not work, the Device ID for the Atheros is:
PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_001C&SUBSYS_04281468&REV_01

The wired network connection works fine but with the wireless, the double pc icon in the system tray shows but not with the "flowers" like when I connect the wired ethernet cable. The difference between when win7 was on this unit is both the wireless connection and the dvd which worked perfect but now after reloading Vista, the wireless does not work and the dvd also does not show as well, I had to install codecs for it to show at all. This doesn't make sense, why would win7 work to perfection and not the vista which was what this unit came with?

Best Answer

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I guess you had a good reason to go from Windows 7 to Vista. I can't understand why you would do that.

• mikehende
    Options

The owner bought this old unit with an unlicensed win7 hence the reason for the downgrade back to the original.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Try the driver at this link, but uninstall all Wifi stuff in Programs and Features and Device Manaqger, checking delete software first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f19/drivers-for-acer-5315-a-475244.html

• mikehende
    Answer ✓
    Options

It's ok, i found the driver here:

https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=22&system=3

Thanks for your help.

• HeyRoxie
    HeyRoxie Member Posts: 27 New User
    Options

Hi. I am dealing with the same issue along with a few others.. started after receiving updates ... issues are resolving one by one.. and I believe if you look you are also missing the Net connector link.. There seems to be a problem with the Atheros adapter  and I have noticed today that it is no longer in the Windows line up that was listing thru Windows program.. most of us that were logged in with the updates loaded crashed and received BSOD... so be careful ...

• mikehende
    Options

ok, noted, thanks