Acer Aspire 4745g NO BIOS and all BLACK SCREEN after changing graphics to discrete

Options
jvoxz
jvoxz Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi!, I have an aspire 4745G which AMD Radeon Graphics might somehow be corrupted, and so ever since I was using the Intel dedicated VRAM, However I have accidentally changed graphics from switchable to discreet in BIOS and after restart all I get is black screen. I tried resetting the BIOS by shorting the jumpers beneath the WLAN card as per the manual but its still no good. The only thing it does after turning it on is that the HDD LED lights up for a second and then gone all black screen . Can someone help me?

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

jvoxz,

I am sorry to hear the notebook is not allowing you into the BIOS and you are receiving a Black screen. If this is the case and you are not able to get into the BIOS, then it sounds like a hardware issue and would recommend seeking assistance from our technical support in your region.

• freaklip13
    freaklip13 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

sorry my english,you can try

1.power off your laptop

2.press f2 and switch on (bios mode)

3.press F9 ( Load Default setting ) and enter

4.press F10 (Save Configuration and exit) and enter

goodluck

• k2612944
    k2612944 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hi, I have the same laptop with the same issue.

When I connected an external monitor I got a display. Then I entered BIOS and changed the graphics settings to switchable. Since then my display worked ok as long as i used the intel graphics by disabling the amd graphics in device manager.

I thinkthe amd graphics chip is faulty since the intel graphics works fine for me.