Acer Aspire 3830TG

Options
singbear
singbear Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Last night, the battery does not charge after connecting the AC adaptor.

The next day, presssed the battery indicator a few times, waited a few minutes then connected the AC adaptor. It has been showing 10% available (plugged in, not charging) for almost an hour. In the meantime the left battery indicator ( the button that can be pressed) blinks orange, and the other battery indicator (the one next to the wifi sign) blinks blue.

I have uninstalled and installed the Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery 3 times, and restarted the computer a few times as well.

Is it recommended to reinstall the entire OS? I have been experiencing Google Chrome hanging, and the blue screen appearing (where I have to force restart) quite many times in the past months.

Thanks!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,606 Trailblazer
    Options

Check the output voltage of the charger plug with a multimeter. Report back with results. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• singbear
    Options

Thanks Jack for your fast reply!

I used the AC adaptor on another laptop and it charges fine.

It probably is the battery as I'm able to continue using the laptop for hours.

But the battery is draining, after 10%, it was 6%, and now 4% (plugged in, not charging)

• JackE
    Options

If it's the original battery, I agree. New replacements are only about $20 for your model so it's worth a try. But I'm a bit concerned that your system isn't automatically turning itself off when the charge level drops below about 5-7%. Hopefully, it's just the internal battery control chip has failed and isn't reporting battery condition properly to the operating system. Let us know how a new battery works out. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• singbear
    Options

Thanks Jack for your fast reply!

One more thing. My computer has been having this screen about twice a week for a year. Recently it has been much more frequent. These few days alone it has occurred at least twice a day.

What can be done?

Thanks!

20170319_103450.jpg

• JackE
    Options

>>>I have been experiencing Google Chrome hanging, and the blue screen appearing (where I have to force restart) quite many times in the past months.>>>Recently it has been much more frequent >>>What can be done?>>>

I ***occasionally**** get the same screen, maybe once or twice a month. Some websites cause it. In particular the Amazon homepage is a notorious bad-actor affecting both PCs & MACs. However, in your case, it seems too much as long as you're not addicted to visiting the Amazon homepage more than once a day. So I'd follow the directions on the screen. Disable and remove any newly installed hardware or software. Guess which one I'd try to remove from your machine first? 8^) Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ