Acer Apire 5750g won't boot up... even the Acer logo screen does not show up

Options
Fraaank
Fraaank Member Posts: 5 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hello everybody,

I have an Acer Aspire 5750G laptop which suddenly has stopped working. When I try to turn in on, nothing shows up on the screen (even the Acer logo screen doesn't appear). I thought this issue might be related to the screen but I have noticed the led of the hdd is not turned on, neither for the wireless card.

Do you have any ideas? Thank you.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options

If none of the LEDs are lit, I'd guess a dead battery and/or power supply. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Fraaank
    Options

Hi Jack,

The Power supply led is lit.. and when I plug in the battery, its led also turns on.

• JackE
    Options

Is this the original battery? Do you have a multimeter to check battery voltages? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fraaank
    Options

Yes, it is the original battery. I'm afraid I don't have a multimeter to check it out but this laptop can work without battery so it shouldn't be a problem... right? Maybe I'm wrong Smiley Frustrated Thanks.

• JackE
    Options

>>>don't have a multimeter >>>this laptop can work without battery so it shouldn't be a problem... right? >>>

That was gonna be my next suggestion then. Remove battery. Does it run on charger only.  Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• Fraaank
    Options

Hi,

It turns on when it's plugged in. It also does it with the battery. I can hear the fan working but nothing shows up on the screen.

The screen with the logo Acer does not show up.. so I think the issue might be related with the BIOS. Do you think I should reinstall it by the Rescue mode?

• JackE
    Options

No. First try to HDMI out to an external TV to check the graphics adapter. Jack E/NJ

PS: Also make sure the screen hasn't been inadvertantly turned off with the Fn+F6 toggle key combo. 

Jack E/NJ

• Fraaank
    Options

Thank you for those two ideas. However, I tried connecting to an external TV using the HDMI port and the VGA port and they didn't work. I also checked, as you said, the Fn+F6 toggle kye combo and nothing happened.

• JackE
    Options

Just to be sure, did you try to turn the external screen on with the Fn+F5 combo from a cold boot? Also, can you hear any BIOS self-test beep error codes on a cold boot?  Unfortunately, when screen issues suddenly arise like this, a mainboard graphics controller or integrated adapter failure is more likely. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ